Here is a simple checklist to ensure you have the highest possible credit scores:
1. Check your credit report for errors!
-80% of all consumer credit reports contain errors, most can be corrected in one month’s
2. Make sure your credit card balances are low!
-Every credit card you own should be less than 30% of its limit at all times
3. Don’t open new accounts!
-New accounts can quickly damage your credit score and decrease your length of credit
4. Try to avoid multiple credit inquiries!
– Every inquiry can reduce your score 2 to 5 points
5. Make all payments on time!
-A single late payment on any account can decrease a credit score up to 150 points
Harry Azzano | Mortgage Banker | NMLS ID 160232 | Mortgage Banking | Chase 1300 East Ninth Street Cleveland, OH 44114 | Office: 216-781-4437 | Cell: 216-310-7334 | Fax: 866-999-8594 [email protected]| Office hours 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.